The size of the tank needed for a portable toilet depends on the number of people using it. But it’s an important question to consider. After all, you don’t want to end up with a tank that’s too small and overflowing while you’re trying to run a successful event.
Generally, if the toilet is used by up to four people, a 5-7 gallon tank should be sufficient. For larger groups, such as weddings or rallies, 10-15 gallons would be more suitable. It is important to choose a tank that is designed for the type of waste it will be collecting, so check with your supplier to make sure you’re buying the right size.
Of course, the size of the tank isn’t everything. You should also take into account how often it needs to be emptied and consider whether you need extra features, like a hand sanitiser dispenser or tissue holder. If you’re using the toilet for multiple days in a row, it would be wise to invest in a tank with additional capacity.
When storing and transporting your portable toilet, make sure to keep it upright at all times. This will help to prevent any accidents and ensure that the waste is properly contained. Additionally, it’s a good idea to use special cleaners and sanitisers on the toilet to keep it hygienic and safe for use.
No matter what size tank you choose, careful maintenance and regular emptying will go a long way in keeping your toilet in good condition. Invest in the right size tank for your needs, empty it regularly, and keep your portable toilet clean for the best performance. Choose Sarah’s Hire and other reliable companies and you’ll find the perfect portable toilet for your event.
Benefits of Portable Toilets
Whether you have an outdoor wedding, a construction site, or any other outdoor event, portable toilets are beneficial in providing guests with convenient and accessible facilities. Not only do they provide privacy and convenience, but they also make a great impression on your guests. Portable toilets provide clean facilities that are easy to transport and set up in virtually any location.
Portable toilets come in a variety of designs, sizes, and shapes to suit your particular needs. Depending on the size of your event, you can choose the right size portable toilet that will accommodate your guests comfortably.
Features of Modern Portable Toilets
Traditionally, portable toilets were unsightly, cramped and uncomfortable. But modern portable toilets offer a variety of features that make them much more pleasant to use. Common features of modern portable toilets include:
- Automatic flushing systems – Automated flushing mechanisms keep the tanks clean and free from waste.
- Odor-eliminating sprays – Most modern portable toilets come with an odour-eliminating spray that helps to mask unpleasant smells.
- Fresh water supply – Fresh water is supplied to the tank, which allows users to wash their hands afterwards and maintain good hygiene.
- Hand sanitisers – Most portable toilets come with a hand sanitizing solution that can be applied before and after use.
- Sealing lids – To keep the tank from getting too full, sealing lids are used to reduce the amount of water entering the tank.
- Insulated tanks – Portable toilets come equipped with insulated tanks to ensure that waste is contained inside, which helps prevent it from leaking into the environment.
Even after this, you’ll find luxury portable toilets, disabled portable toilets, and more!