Last updated on March 1, 2021
India is among the most polluted countries. Among the world’s most polluted 30 cities, 22 cities are in India, as per a research by IQ Air Visual’s 2019 World Air Quality Report. Not only air pollution, but the consistency in the number of water and noise pollution-related health ailments is also increasing. The three major pollution types, i.e., air, water, and noise, can cause several health issues. Air pollution is a primary cause of health issues in India.
With the increasing health issues, having health insurance is of utmost importance. Getting adequate health cover from any trusted insurer like Care Health Insurance helps you safeguard against the financial impact of health issues. There has been a negative impact of pollution on human health, leading to various health issues, such as respiratory issues, allergies, and cancer.
Let us discuss some preventive measures to reduce health risks due to pollution. In addition to it, know the benefits you can avail of by opting for the best health insurance plan.
- Wear Mask While Moving Out: It has become the new normal. Although it was in use before because of the increasing air pollution, especially in the metro cities; but, only a few people followed this tip. Now things have changed. Amidst the global pandemic, it has been advised not to step out without wearing a mask.
- Do Not Smoke: Smoking is the most harmful habit that can affect your health. It is dangerous to your overall health, impacting the brain, heart, and lungs. Smoking is equally detrimental to a non-smoker through second-hand smoke.
- Drink Boiled Water: Drinking pure water is a vital part of a healthy routine. Boiling water is one effective way of purification when you do not have access to clean drinking water. Before reaching the sewage treatment plant, water contains various bacteria and viruses. Some bacteria are harmful and may cause diarrhoea. Make sure you always drink boiled water.
- Wash Your Hands Regularly: It is one of the best ways to protect yourself from falling sick. This habit keeps you healthy and prevents the risk of spreading respiratory diseases. Always wash your hands before and after having a meal.
- Reduce the Usage of Air Freshener: These products are widely used in homes, workplaces, and hotels as they impart a fragrance that creates a pleasing indoor space. However, despite this fact, air fresheners can cause a range of harmful air pollutants that can affect air quality. Some products even contain chemicals that can cause allergy or aggravate the symptom of asthma.
- Eat Hygienic Food: Last but not least – make sure to eat hygienic food always. It is also essential to wash the vegetables before preparing the food. It is advisable for people of all groups to inculcate this habit.
Health Insurance Policy Is the Saviour
With the increasing pollution and environmental hazards, several health issues have become widespread. You should be financially prepared to face such health issues; otherwise, they can affect your savings. Hence, having an adequate health insurance plan, such as the comprehensive care health insurance policy, helps secure you from any unavoidable medical emergency. A good health policy will cover pre and post hospitalisation medical expenses, day-care treatment, and ambulance cover.
There are several health insurance companies where you can get the best health policy. Consider choosing Care health insurance without giving a second thought as they provide customised policies for you at affordable premium rates. The company also offers several benefits, like annual health check-up, No Claim Bonus, and AYUSH treatment.