Last updated on April 27, 2022
Using one of these is not for everyone, but if you belong to the group of those who need them, I assure you that it will bring enormous benefits. You can check various options at www.zonlihome.com.
Table of Contents
For Sensory Problems
They are ideal for those who suffer from anxiety and learning disorders, the weight of the blanket applies a type of pressure that offers calming sensations through which the brain can process information quickly.
For Anxiety And Insomnia
They are very good for calming anxiety and insomnia, the weight and the feeling of “hugging” that it produces increase serotonin, quickly reassuring you of the dominant state of tension and anxiety.
- Autism: According to studies, the use of these blankets in children who are within the autistic spectrum can serve to provide them with a sense of peace, stillness and reduce tantrums common in people with this condition.
- Improves sleep quality: By having a different sensory activity, as a result of the warmth provided by the blanket, those who use them can sleep better, due to the serotonin that irrigates the brain to a greater extent, offering you a sense of tranquillity.
- ADHD: Due to their qualities to provide compression therapy, these blankets or vests with are very good to keep attention deficit and hyperactivity disorders under control, improve the speed of performance of tasks and attention.
What To Look For Before Buying A Weight Blanket
There are several factors of interest that you should take into account when selecting them if you want them to be really effective.
Weight And Size
This information is necessary depending on the characteristics of the person who will use the blanket. A large one is always a good option and the weight will undoubtedly be the plus that will help calm your nerves and make you feel drowsy. The compression feeling is very effective.
Type Of Fabric
This is also an essential item to look at if you want something really comfortable.
- Cotton: If you are in hot climates, it is a good option because it maintains the temperature of the environment and is breathable. You will not be too hot or too cold and it is ideal for those who have problems with temperatures and suffer from sleep disorders.
- Flannel: It is similar to cotton and will also provide you with a lot of comfort. It will keep you warm and is completely breathable.
- Cotton Sateen: This is ideal for those who enjoy the breathability and warmth of cotton, but prefer the softness of satin. These blankets are usually reversible: one type of fabric on the outside and another on the inside. You will sleep very peacefully.
- Lana: Not appropriate for those with a sensitivity to textures, however, is very warm and inviting. If that sensitivity is not your case, this is a good option.
- Minky: It has a soft and smooth texture, and it is not for nothing that it is preferred for baby blanket fabrics. You will get it in soft plush, both high and low.
- Linen Rayon Blend: This is the quintessential option best suited for those who are allergic to certain types of fabric and also for those with texture sensitivities. It’s very tough.
A weight blanket can bring countless fillers depending on the pathology you need to control and the type of weight that will make you feel better. Here we explain some of the most popular
- Polyethylene pellets: These are bumpy in texture and made from non-toxic plastic. They are small and round.
- Glass beads: It has a texture similar to that of tiny sand and weighted quilts that have been made with this material look really bulky. They are also made with so-called glass beads that are a bit less bulky.
River stone beads: They provide a great compression effect which makes them really effective for some disorders. They are natural, do not have sharp edges or porous characteristics.
Visit https://zonlihome.com/collections/throw-blanket for the catalogue and find out the best one as per your need.